Duration: 6-month contract – Permanent rental
Rate: $25+/HR – Salary on permanent hire
Opening hours: Mon-Fri/9:00-16:30
Location: Brooklyn, New York, 11204-1101, United States of America
· 2+ years experience working with claims, specifically denials
· Investigate/correct third-party rejections/modifications, requests for information, and other related correspondence
· Identify and analyze open claims.
· Assist in reporting practices rejecting/adjusting third-party or client patterns/inconsistencies and suggesting remedies.
· Responsible for reviewing approximately 50 accounts per day.
· Each account can have several claims. During high season it can be 100+ accounts
· Every morning a list of accounts will be provided which are usually 2 months old.
· Call payers to discuss the reason for non-payment and set up a new payment date/schedule
· The billing system is IDX or AthenaIDX
Other skills and qualifications
· University degree
· Knowledge of third-party billing policies, regulations, etc.
· Good verbal and written communication
· Interpersonal skills to work with payers and peers.
· 25 people at a third-party billing company.
· cubicle/office environment.
· Opening hours M-F 9-430
· Must have strong denial experience Day One – Unwilling to train on how to review denied claims and follow up with payer.
· Can keep up with the workload.
· 50 accounts per day is the minimum; Performance Measurements – Will be graded for speed and accuracy.
· They will review the number of claims that are corrected and paid.
Employee Value Proposition (EVP)
· The biggest advantage is the ability to jump into the union after they go permanent.
· Great benefits, strong job security.Medical Biller
· The company is smaller so it feels like a family environment.
· Hours are great, generally 9-430 and short days on Fridays.
· No weekends
About Aston Carter:
Note: Scammers impersonate Aston Carter. We will never contact you via Gmail, Telegram, or WhatsApp and we will never ask you for money.
At Aston Carter, we are dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who drive our business. Our success is driven by talented, motivated people who join our team in a variety of roles – from recruitment, sales, and delivery to corporate roles. Within our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is unlimited.Medical Biller
Founded in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm that provides high-quality talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies in North America. Across four continents and more than 200 offices, we empower our clients by finding solutions and delivering solutions to meet the challenges of today’s workforce. For organizations looking for innovative solutions created by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within the Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regard to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.Medical Biller
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as modifying or modifying the job application or interview process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com for additional accommodation options. However, if you have any questions about this position, please contact the recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the single point of contact for questions about this position.Medical Biller